Privileged visa regime for UAE nationals travelling to the Russian Far East to take an effect on August 1, 2017
Prime Minister of Russia has approved the list of 18 countries (includng the UAE and other GCC countries) whose nationals will be granted a privileged visa regime while travelling to the Russian Far East.
ere’s all the up-to-date information:
1) The special regime will take an effect on August 1, 2017.
2) Although a visitor will not have to undergo traditional visa procedures, he will still need to receive an electronic visa.
3) A visitor can obtain the electronic visa by filling in online application form on the web site (which will be developed by the Russian MFA) and waiting for 4 working days to receive the approval.
4) Starting from a date of the approval, a visitor has 30 days to enter Russia.
5) A visitor bearing the electronic visa can stay in Russia for 8 days only.
6) The visa will be stamped at the border checkpoints anly and will be free of charge.
7) A visitor bearing the electronic visa can enter and leave Russia only through the designated border checkpoints of the Free port of Vladivostok are, which are supossed to include Vladivostok Seaport and Vladivostok International Airport and possibly other entrypoins to be decided later on.
8) A visitor bearing the electronic visa can travel only within the Primorsky Krai region of Russia.